Webmail is a way to access your your email accounts by visiting a webpage instead of setting up the details on your computer or phone. It can be a handy way to check emails if you are having problems with your laptop or phone. It can also be useful if you are away from your usual computer, such as if you are on holiday.
In order to access your email account using Webmail you will need to know the following:
Your email address
The password that has been assigned to your email account.
The URL, or webpage address to access your webmail.
- Open your web browser. A web browser is whichever programme you use to visit webpages and look at things on the internet such as Chrome, Safari or Internet Explorer.
- Type in your webmail address e.g. www.webmail.yourwebdomain.co.uk
- If webmail has been made available on your account, this will bring up a webpage containing a login screen
- Type your email address in the Username box and the password provided.
- Click the Login button
- This will then open your email account
- You will now be able to read your emails and send new ones.
- When you have finished checking your emails, always make sure you log out of your webmail account.
If you are a Village Web Company client and need any help, please let me know.