These instructions are based on a Lenovo Laptop running Windows 10
In order to send and receive emails on a computer, tablet or smart phones, you need to ensure that the settings are correct. Before you can set up your emails on any device, you will need to know the following:
Your email address
Your incoming mail server settings
The password that has been assigned to your email account.
Your outgoing mail server settings
If you have an email address from a large email provider such as Gmail or Hotmail, you may not need to know your incoming and outgoing mail server settings.
If you don’t have this information, you may struggle to set up your emails.
- Press the Windows button on your keyboard or Click the Windows Icon on your screen. This is usually in the bottom left corner.
- Open Mail
- Press Settings or select the Cog icon
- Select Manage Accounts
- Choose Add Account
- This is will display a variety of different email providers such as Gmail and Hotmail. Select Other Account
- Add your full email address e.g. email@example.com
- Type in the name you would like the emails to come from such as your name or the name of your business
- Add your password. Passwords are case sensitive so you need to make sure that you use capital or lower case letters correctly.
- Press Sign In
At this point the programme will try to verify the details you have provided by attempting to sign into your email account to confirm that the details are correct. If for any reason the verification stage is unsuccessful, double check that you have provided the correct details The most common to look out for are making sure that you’ve not used capital letters instead of lower case or vice versa, not made any typos or made any other mistakes such as accidentally using a zero instead of the letter O.
If you’re a Village Web Company client and need any help, please let me know.